About the Club
Milford Haven Gymnastic was formed in 1980 by the Chairman of the Club, Andy Grey.
MHGC moved to its premises at Thornton Industrial Estate in 2018. The Club is affiliated to British Gymnastics and Welsh Gymnastics and is also a GYM MARK Accredited Club.
MHGC is registered with British Gymnastics and adopt all BG Policies relating to Ethic and Welfare, Child protection and Equality. All gymnasts, Coaches, Judges and Volunteers are registered and insured with British Gymnastics and Welsh Gymnastics.
We currently specialise in Pre-School, General Gymnastics and Sports Acrobatics for both boys and girls from the age of 2 years of age up to 17 years.
Our values and aspirations:
- ENJOYMENT: The feeling of well-being : to Excite through gymnastic activity.
- EDUCATE: To instruct and teach gymnastics within a structured and safe programme.
- ENDEAVOUR: To strive with Effort, Energy and Enthusiasm to make the Club vibrant.
- EMBRACE AND ENHANCE: The Club by accepting the wider Community to include all Ages (Adult, toddler classes etc.,)
- EQUALITY: To enrich the lives of all in our Community (Special Needs, Disability and Vulnerable Adults.
- EXCELLENCE: To provide those with the talent and attitude an opportunity to compete at the highest level.
Aims and Objectives
We provide Recreational and Competitive level of gymnastics and opportunities for all age groups and our aims are as below :
- To provide facilities for and to encourage participation in gymnastics and other physical activities.
- To educate members and their families about the importance of physical activity, health and healthy eating.
- To help children and young people develop the physical literacy, confidence, self-discipline and social skills that can be transferred into every -day life.
- To introduce children and young people to gymnastics as an enjoyable physical activity.
- For our Recreational gymnasts we have regular events which they can participate in. Competitions such as Teamgym and Recreational Acrobatic Competitions. Also take part in displays in the Club such as Easter Parade etc., throughout the year.
- The squad gymnasts take part in Regional, National and International Competitions throughout the year.
Through our gymnastic classes we aim to develop balance, co-ordination, strength and flexibility which will benefit children and young people, whether they continue in the sport of gymnastics or wish to take up an alternative sport.
First Aid is available on the premises, however, please can all Parents and Guardians ensure that all allergies, medical conditions and also your Emergency contact details are clearly stated on Membership Forms. If you do not wish for your child to receive a plaster, this must also be stated on the membership Form. We ensure that every Parent is made aware of any injuries or accidents when your child is collected after their session. This will also be recorded in our Accident Book and must be signed by the Coach and also the Parent.
Every year, the Club awards various trophies to deserving gymnasts for outstanding work throughout the year. All gymnasts that receive these, please can you make sure that these have been engraved with your child’s name and year awarded, before they are handed back to the Club by 1st June annually so that they can be presented to future winners.
This award is handed out on a termly basis to the gymnasts that has shown endeavour for the Term in their ability at gymnastics. It is presented on the last day of the term and must be returned to the Club at least 2 weeks before the end of the Term following.
Code of Conduct (For Parents /Guardians)
- If your child takes part in Club activities, encourage them to learn the Rules and participate within them.
- Discourage and avoid challenging/arguing with Officials.
- Understand that the Gym discourages Parents from remaining in the Gym during children’s training as it causes distraction for participants and may also pose a Child protection issue.
- Publicly accept Official’s judgements.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the performance of all.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the protocol expected.
- Never force tour child to take part in sport.
- Always ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and have plenty to drink i.e water or squash- NO fizzy drinks!
- Keep the Club informed if your child is ill or unable to attend sessions.
- Endeavour to establish good communication with the Club for benefit of all.
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the Club.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Ensure that your child is at gym promptly before session starts.
- Never belittle or punish your child for poor performance or making mistakes.
- Always collect your child promptly at end of sessions. Gymnasts are not allowed to leave alone.
- Support your child’s involvement, help them to enjoy their sport to achieve their potential.
- Understand that disciplinary action will be considered if rules are systematically breached.
- Please be aware that if you have any photographs of your child and it has another child, who is a member of the Club also in the photograph, not to show it on Social Media, without permission of the other Parents.
- No food to be consumed during the session.
Code of Conduct (For Participants Aged 18 and Under)
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the Well-being of all our members. The Club believes it is important that members, Coaches, Administrators and parents associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the Club with the Welfare Officer.
As a member of Milford Haven Gymnastic Club you are expected to abide by the following Club Rules:
- All members must participate within the rules, listen to and respect Coaches, Judges and their decisions.
- All members must respect Club members.
- Members should keep to times agreed for training by the Club or inform if they are going to be late. You must be at your sessions promptly before start of class.
- Members must wear suitable attire for training as stated by the Club or inform if they are going to be late. You must be at your sessions promptly before start of class.
- Members must pay any fees for training promptly.
- To train to the best of their ability.
- Members should treat all equipment with respect.
- Members must inform the Coach of any injuries or illness they may have before warm up begins.
- To attend regularly and notify the Club if a session will be missed.
- Members should not eat or chew gum during the sessions.
- Members must not use bad language.
- Members should be collected promptly at end of their sessions by parents.
- Please be aware that if you have any photographs of your child and it has another child, who is a member of the Club, then not to show it on Social Media without permission of other Parents.
- Members should make sure that their hair is tied back preferably if long hair then into a bun or pony tail. No jewellery is to be worn as it constitutes a safety issue when your child is participating in gymnastic session